Engineering Portal Applications
The Engineering Portal Framework hosts a variety of home-grown web applications used widely in the College of Engineering and other units on the Illinois campus. These web applications support, streamline and generally facilitate an array of business processes relating to finance, human resources and academics. Applications are accessible through the Engineering Portal or one of the department-specific portals (e.g., https://my.ece.illinois.edu).
Access to applications within the Engineering Portal Framework is determined on on an as-needed, requested or contracted basis for each application and for each unit within the college. Requests for new applications or modifications to existing ones can be made by administrative staff within Engineering at Illinois units.
Custom application development can provide whatever features are needed to support, solve or streamline the process or problem at hand.
The following rates apply only to non-Engineering at Illinois units and are for FY2012 only. All rates are undergoing review for FY2013.
- Portal Framework: $500 per site
- Vacation / Sick Leave: ($5 per user with $750 cap per billing unit
- BioData Form: $5 per user
- Review System: $1 per review
- Grad Application Review System: $1 per application
- Graduate Records: $500 per provisioned unit
- Undergrad Records: $250 per provisioned unit
- Advising: $1/advisee for 1st 500; $0.50/advisee for 2nd 500; $0.25/advisee for 3rd 500; $0.125/advisee beyond 1500
- Appointments: $500 per provisioned unit
- TimeTracker: $250 per provisioned unit
- Facilities (Inventory/Space/Keys): TBD
Visit the Engineering Portal and login with your NetID and Active Directory password.
To discuss a new application development project, contact Josh Potts or Brad Butler.
For assistance, please contact the Engineering IT Help Desk. Alternatively, you can contact your primary IT support person.