Engineering IT Helpdesk
Engineering IT can provide a geographically convenient IT helpdesk to provide walk-in and remote IT services to faculty, staff, and students. Set office hours will be established when users can walk in for IT support. In addition, remote assistance is available from 9am-5pm, Monday –Friday.
All units within the College of Engineering may purchase a contract for a helpdesk.
- Units with helpdesk support contracts will receive:
- A convenient location for users to receive support.
- Set office hours per helpdesk for walk in service.
- Support services available for Windows, Mac OS and Engineering IT’s internally managed Linux OS.
- Hardware and software purchasing recommendation.
- Hardware configuration and troubleshooting assistance available for an approved list of supported hardware.
- Software installation and configuration assistance for common Engineering applications.
- Assistance on the acquisition and use of other Engineering IT services such as research file storage and web hosting.
- Assistance on centrally provided IT services such as campus wireless and VPN.
- This service cannot provide on-site support or advanced research IT consulting. For more extensive IT support offerings, refer to the research group support service.
Contract pricing for Engineering at Illinois units/departments is based on an FTE (Full-Time Equivalent) count of users in the department / unit. Support charges for FY2013 are $225 per FTE to be supported.
For information on how to contract a helpdesk in your unit, or for further information on how this service can provide for your IT needs, please contact the Helpdesk Services Manager, Danny Tang at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-244-7569.
The Engineering IT Helpdesk currently has the following sites and available walk-in hours:
- 264 MRL: 9am-noon & 1pm-5pm, 217-300-7684
- 1129 Mechanical Engineering Lab: 1pm-5pm, 217-244-2187
- 264 Coordinated Sciences Lab: 8am-noon & 1pm-5pm, 217-333-7205
Users can also email email@example.com for assistance.