User Support - Desktop Support
Faculty and staff can take advantage of professional IT assistance on desktops, laptops and mobile computing devices. Engineering IT User Services professionals are conscious of information security and sensitivity of data issues when working with university data and systems.
This service is available to all Engineering at Illinois units/departments or to individual faculty. This includes all administrative staff and students employed by the department unless otherwise specified in the service agreement.
If your department does not currently contract for full service for faculty, you may be eligible for services under an Engineering Research Support Desk. Contact the Engineering IT Help Desk for more information.
Departments and individuals with User Services contracts will receive:
- Full technical support on Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems
- Support on desktops, laptops and mobile devices
- Consultation on hardware and software purchases
- Purchasing, deployment and maintenance of hardware
- Installation and troubleshooting of software applications used for university business
- 10 Gigabytes of backed up file storage space per user for home folders and data
- Assistance connecting with CITES and AITS provided services
Contract pricing for Engineering at Illinois units/departments or to individual faculty is based on an FTE (Full-Time Equivalent) count. Support charges for FY2012 are $951 per FTE to be supported.
For information on how to contract User Services or for further information on what this team can provide, please email User Services director Jim Hurst or contact him at 217-244-3617.
To ensure your requests are routed correctly and answered promptly, please email the Engineering IT Help Desk. If your request is time-critical, contact the Engineering IT Help Desk at 217-333-1313, or your primary support IT professional via the Unified Communications Lync client.