Engineering at Illinois uses the university electronic mail and calendaring services provided by CITES. The Exchange 2010 server provides email, calendaring, contacts and task items from any web-, desktop-, or mobile device-based computing platform, anywhere.
This service is available to all Engineering at Illinois faculty, staff and graduate students as well as retirees, emeritus faculty, visiting faculty, and those with 0-percent appointments
The University Exchange service for electronic mail, outlined further on the CITES Exchange Services page, includes::
- Web and mobile access to email from any Internet connection
- A rich email client (Outlook 2010 for Windows or Outlook 2011 for Mac)
- Rules-based inbox handling
- No quota on mailbox size
- Calendaring, including sharing of individual calendars, room calendars and group and resource calendar sharing
- Individual and group contacts management that can integrate with mobile devices
- Global address list for all university faculty, staff, and students
- Integration with the Lync Instant Messaging client and telephone system
- Task management
Unified Communications is funded through CITES rate and funding for campus services and billed to units directly. There are no ala carte charges for UC services.
Most Exchange mailboxes are automatically provisioned for faculty, staff and graduate students. However, you can request an Exchange mailbox be created for you, or contact your primary Engineering IT support person for assistance.
For assistance, please contact the engrit-help [at] illinois [dot] edu (Engineering IT Help Desk). Alternatively, you can contact your primary IT support person.
Questions about this topic? Don't see what you're looking for?
Email engrit-help [at] illinois [dot] edu, call the Help Desk at 217-333-1313, or contact your primary IT support professional.