WordPress is a platform that can be used by faculty, students, and staff members to quickly and easily build a website without resorting to off-campus services. This service is made possible through the team at http://publish.illinois.edu/ (PIE).
All faculty, students and staff with Engineering at Illinois.
- Full blown CMS (Content Management System), which allows for complete control over publishing, editing, and modifying content. There is a file size limitation of 500MB.
- Choose from list of default customizable templates or contract for unique website designs with Engineering IT Web Services .
- Several plugins are available for your site, including:
- Flickr Gallery
- Custom Contact Forms
- Google Analytics
- Google Calendar Events
- Illinois Ensemble
- Lightbox Gallery
- Choose a domain name that fits within the guildelines of the "Site Name Policy".
- If you have questions, please contact engrit-help [at] illinois [dot] edu or the p.i.e team at consult [at] illinois [dot] edu.
There is no charge for this service.
Request a unique URL by contacting pie-team [at] listserv [dot] illinois [dot] edu. Be sure to follow the site naming procedures.
Please send an email to pie-support [at] illinois [dot] edu if you encounter any problems.
Questions about this topic? Don't see what you're looking for?
Email engrit-help [at] illinois [dot] edu, call the Help Desk at 217-333-1313, or contact your primary IT support professional.