The Engineering Portal Framework hosts a variety of home-grown web applications used widely in the College of Engineering and other units on the Illinois campus. The Custom Application Development service can design and implement customized application solutions to improve work processes and access to institutional data.
Proposed applications or significant change to existing applications within the Engineering portal framework. The portal framework is mainly designed to support business/work process improvement.
The main features of custom application development are:
- Automation of business processes
- Requirements gathering
- Business Process analysis
- Interface design
- Data Integration
- Testing Plan
- Implementation Plan
- System/User Documentation
- Ongoing Support and Maintenance
Units, departments, faculty, and staff within the College of Engineering.
Requests will receive a response within one business day, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, excluding University holidays. Resolution of requests will be highly variable as these projects vary considerably in scope and complexity.
Email: engrit-apps [at] illinois [dot] edu
Please see Service Fees for the most up to date pricing. Rates for custom development are reviewed yearly and are subject to change. Estimates of the total cost of a project are provided prior to committing to work with us.
Development costs are separate from ongoing support/maintenance costs.
Users of this service agree to the following:
- Departments can request custom application development at any point.
- Application development requests within the Engineering Portal Framework is overseen and prioritized by Engineering IT Governance.
- Applications that have similar functionality may be combined into a pre-existing application
- Engineering IT reserves the right to refuse any request due the size, complexity, lack of available Engineering IT resources, an ill fit for the portal framework, or that does not meet the strategic business needs of the College of Engineering.
- Prioritization of significant projects is subject to Engineering IT Governance oversight.
New Service Inquiries
engrit-apps [at] illinois [dot] edu
Subscribers to this service may be interested in these additional services:
Questions about this topic? Don't see what you're looking for?
Email engrit-help [at] illinois [dot] edu, call the Help Desk at 217-333-1313, or contact your primary IT support professional.