Engineering IT provides management of printers and consumables in supported Instructional labs across the College. Students can print to printers using their Engineering Student Print Quota.
Printers in EWS General Use Labs and departmental instructional labs supported by Engineering IT.
For Students: Please see the EWS Printing policy.
- Printers enrolled in the Instructional Lab Print Service with the standard quota will be maintained by Engineering IT. This includes all toner, paper and maintenance.
- Departments may choose to subsidize printing by offering a reduced or free per page charge to students within the department. When this option is selected, the department will be responsible for providing all consumables and maintenance.
- Engineering IT will consult on which approved printer is best for a specific situation.
Instructional Computer Labs within the College of Engineering.
Printers in supported labs will be maintained during Engineering IT Help Desk support hours.
Email ews [at] illinois [dot] edu
Visit an Engineering IT Help Desk
Initial Printer Purchase:
In all cases, the cost of the printer itself is incurred by the sponsoring department. The cost of replacement printers when a printer reaches the end of its useful life is also the responsibility of the department.
For departmental lab printers which do NOT use the standard EWS quota the department is responsible for all consumable costs as well. (Toner, paper, maintenance kits, repairs).
For departmental lab printers which ARE entirely behind the standard EWS quota there is no additional cost to the department for consumables (toner, paper, maintenance kits and repairs).
Users of this service agree to the following:
- Departments must purchase printers from an approved list. Engineering IT will consult and recommend printer models from that list for specific locations.
- Printer must be located in an instructional lab in the College of Engineering which is supported by Engineering IT
- Existing printers must be approved by Engineering IT before being added to this service
- Engineering IT reserves the right to refuse support for printers which have reached the end of their useful life. The department is responsible for funding a replacement printer.
- If the department is responsible for consumables, a mutually agreeable purchasing method must be agreed to by the department and Engineering IT.
New Service Requests/General Service Inquiries
Assistant Director for Instructional Services
bmahaffe [at] illinois [dot] edu
Subscribers to this service may also be interested in these additional services:
For a broader view of instructional-related IT support offerings from Engineering IT and on campus, please contact our Instructional Technology Facilitator, Dave Mussulman (mussulma [at] illinois [dot] edu)
Questions about this topic? Don't see what you're looking for?
Email engrit-help [at] illinois [dot] edu, call the Help Desk at 217-333-1313, or contact your primary IT support professional.