Engineering IT offers a vast array of services to assist you with your research. Ranging from comprehensive support for your entire research team, to custom desktop level solutions, to advanced compute cluster design and support. Engineering IT is confident in our ability to partner with you to enable your research.
If you aren't finding what you need below, reach out to us!
Engineering IT's Technology Facilitators provide consulting and facilitation services in the areas of Instruction and Research. We are available to partner with individual faculty members and research teams to identify IT needs, advise, and help ensure needs are met with the right technology solution whether it is offered by Engineering IT, elsewhere on campus, or beyond. For more information regarding Engineering IT's Technology Facilitation services and how we can help, please email: engrit-help [at] illinois.edu (subject: IT%20Technology%20Facilitation)
Engineering IT Research Services
- Research Support
- Server/ Individual System Support
- High Performance Computing (HPC)/ Cluster Management
- Server Hosting
- Server Disaster Recovery Backup
- Data Center Management
Engineering IT provides services for storage of your important research data. We can also serve as liaison for campus storage services.
- File and Data Storage
- Globus Data Transfer
- Library Research Data Service
- Illinois Databank Data Publication
- Version Control
- IDEALS Document Repository
Engineering IT can serve as your liaison for campus-provisioned Computation and Cloud services
- Illinois Campus Cluster Program - the Grainger College of Engineering investment via primary queue "ENG-RESEARCH" gives you access to 101 compute nodes providing 2,608 CPU cores and 16 GPUs (92 CPU nodes and 9 GPU nodes; 7 of which are dual GPUs)
- High Throughput Computing (HTC)
- AWS Provisioning Overview
- AWS Campus Access Portal and New Account Creation
- Azure Subscription Request
- Blue Waters
- Campus Research Computing Options
Research Software Licensing
Windows and Linux Systems Support
Engineering IT provides a fully managed and supported environment for Windows, MacOS and Linux operating systems. We also offer full equipment lifecycle support.
- IT Equipment Decommissioning Service
- What is Engineering Linux?
- Availability of used computer equipment
- Connecting to File Shares via Windows or Macs
Consultation, Facilitation and More
Does your research group have a new or novel need? Reach out to us and we'll partner with you to find the right solution for your research focus.
Questions about this topic? Don't see what you're looking for?
Email engrit-help [at] illinois.edu, call the Help Desk at 217-333-1313, or contact your primary IT support professional.