This topic deals with viewing classroom material after the class has been captured and posted to the class list.
Classes are grouped by courses. To view a list of all classes for a particular course, you can:
- Find the Course on your DASHBOARD and click ALL CLASSES.
- Use the COURSES drop-down list on the main menu to select a course.
Use the class list to find the class you want to watch and to see what materials your instructor may have posted for upcoming classes. See Understanding class list page icons below for descriptions of the indicators on the Classes page.
Playback Bar Auto-hide: To increase the amount of screen space available for classroom materials, the playback bar now auto-hides. It should appear when you first enter the classroom then disappear after a few seconds. To reveal the bar again, hover your mouse over the bottom of the classroom window. See Using Classroom Tools for more information on the functionality located in the playback bar.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE however that if the classroom only has a presentation, you will not see a playback bar, as the controls will not apply.
To watch a class
- From the DASHBOARD, click ALL CLASSES for the section whose class you want to watch.
The Class List appears. The page is positioned to show the most recently completed class, meaning you may need to scroll up or down to see other classes.
- If necessary, use the Search box to find the class you want to view.
- Click on the class row to enter the Classroom view.
The classroom viewer opens, with the video playing automatically if there is one.
ALTERNATELY, if you click on the content icon for the class and select View from the menu that appears, the classroom view opens with that content item maximized. This allows you to find a particular item to view or view again within the classroom.
- Use the playbar at the bottom to pause, play, rewind 10 seconds, or scrub through the video as needed. See Using Classroom Tools - Student for details.
- Use the Volume control and Settings buttons to control quality and speed of playback. See Using Classroom Tools - Student for details.
- Use the Layout button to change how the items are arranged on the screen, if the classroom contains multiple visual feeds (e.g., the classroom recording captured dual video or video and display, and there is a presentation loaded to the class). See Using Classroom Tools - Student for details.
- Use the Sources button to remove or return classroom content to the classroom viewing pane.
- If the video is closed captioned, use the CC button to toggle the captions on or off, and to change the location, size, color, and text justification of the caption text. See Using Classroom Tools - Student for details.
- Use the classroom toolbar across the top to navigate between classes, enter or respond to questions, and take notes during the classroom viewing.
You can also access the most recent classes from your Dashboard. Click the preview thumbnail in the Dashboard for the class to jump directly to that classroom.
Each class is shown with a series of icons, providing information and functionality as follows:
- Content Icons - Click a content icon for a menu that will allow you to view or download that media.
- A grey icon () icon indicates that you have already viewed this material.
- A green icon () indicates that this content is new to you; you have not yet viewed it.
- If there is NO icon shown for the class, the class capture has not yet occurred or the video is not yet available to students. Ask your instructor if it should be.
Conversation Bubble icon - Click the conversation bubble icon () located on the row for the class to open the Q&A tab and view the questions and responses posted for that particular class. The number indicates the total number of questions posted for that class (responses are not counted).
See which classes will be streamed LIVE. If your classes will be streamed live and in real-time, a LIVE badge appears next to the Class Name.
- A gray LIVE badge () indicates a future class that will be streamed live.
- A green LIVE badge () indicates that this class is currently being captured and streamed.
Not all classes are live streamed; a class that is happening RIGHT NOW will also appear with a green dot to the left of the class in the Class List. Only classes with a LIVE badge will be captured and streamed in real-time to class participants.
© 2017 Echo360 | www.echo360.com
Questions about this topic? Don't see what you're looking for?
Email engrit-help [at] illinois [dot] edu, call the Help Desk at 217-333-1313, or contact your primary IT support professional.