Connecting from Microsoft Windows
- In a web browser, navigate to the IP address listed on the Kramer VIA's display as "Room Name".
- Click "Run VIA" to download a single use executable or click "Install VIA" to install the VIA software on your PC.
- If you download the installer, you will need admin permissions to install the software.
- To install the software, run the executable (VIASetup.exe) which was downloaded when "Install VIA" was clicked.
- Open your VIA software, VIAApp.exe your downloads folder ("Run VIA" option) or open VIA from the Start menu ("Install VIA" option).
- Enter the IP address listed on the Kramer VIA's display as "Room Name" into the "Room Name" field in the VIA app. Enter the name you would like to be identified as in the "Nick Name". Click "Login".
- You will be promted to enter the 4 digit code displayed on the Kramer VIA's display. Enter the code in the "Code" field and click "Login" again.
- You are now connected to the VIA but not presenting.
- Click the "Present" button in the middle of the VIA window to present the content from your display wirelessly
Connecting from Apple Mac OSX using the VIA App
Connecting from Apple iOS using the VIA App
Connecting from Apple devices using AirPlay
- Open the AirPlay menu on your device.
- Select the Kramer VIA listing for the room you are using.
- Enter the code displayed on the Kramer VIA's display to connect and begin displaying
- To disconnect, open the AirPlay menu on your device and choose "Turn Off AirPlay Mirroring".
Note: only two AirPlay devices can simultaineously connect to a single VIA.
Connecting from Android devices using the VIA App
Questions about this topic? Don't see what you're looking for?
Email engrit-help [at] illinois [dot] edu, call the Help Desk at 217-333-1313, or contact your primary IT support professional.