Developed in-house and based around native operating system capabilities, this service is provided for backup & recovery of data for Engineering IT-managed servers and shared workstations.
Engineering IT-managed servers and shared workstations.
The following are the primary features of Server Disaster Recovery Backup Service:
- Daily backups of desired file systems.
- A minimum of a week’s worth of daily snapshots to preserve changes over time. Longer held snapshots depend on the server.
- The requesting group/individual may choose to have all file systems backed up or may choose default Engineering IT settings.
- Data restores to recover deleted files or failed systems.
- Temporary hosting of backup data from the backup server should the primary system suffer a hardware failure with no quick replacement.
Engineering faculty, staff, and associated groups.
Requests will receive a response within one business day, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, excluding University holidays. Backups may run outside this time.
Support Contacts/New Service Inquiries
- Email: engrit-help [at] illinois.edu
- Phone: 217-333-1313
Backups are priced per gigabyte to be backed up. See the Service Fees page for up-to-date rate information.
Users of this service agree to the following:
- Schedule will be chosen to best fit within the backup service for the benefit of all customers.
- The exact retention policy will vary depending on the server, and will be provided as part of the setup.
- The requesting group/individual must provide the following information on the initial request:
- NetID of subscriber or PI
- System name (FQDN)
General Service Inquiries
daver [at] illinois.edu
For a broader view of research-related IT support offerings from Engineering IT and on campus, please contact our Research Technology Facilitator, Mark Hart (mshart [at] illinois.edu)
Questions about this topic? Don't see what you're looking for?
Email engrit-help [at] illinois.edu, call the Help Desk at 217-333-1313, or contact your primary IT support professional.