Faculty, staff, and graduate students receive assistance with configuring personal mobile devices for access to, and the use of, Engineering IT and campus IT services such as storage, email, and network connectivity.
Personally owned smart phones, tablets and laptops running Android, iOS, MacOS or Windows.
The following are the primary features of Mobile Device Support:
Engineering IT will assist in configuring devices to connect to the following campus IT services:
- Network Connectivity
- Virtual Private Networking (VPN)
- U of I Box
- Unified Communications (Lync/Skype for Business)
Engineering IT will assist in configuring devices to connect to the following Engineering IT services where applicable:
Requests will receive a response within one business day, Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm, excluding University holidays.
Email: engrit-help [at] illinois [dot] edu
Users of this service agree to the following terms:
- Due to the great variety of mobile devices, operating systems, and customizations, Engineering IT reserves the right to refuse support any device that we determine to be unserviceable.
- Engineering IT is not responsible for any damages or loss of data incurred while providing technical support on a mobile device.
- Users must be present during the servicing of their mobile devices.
- Users covered by the Basic Support service must bring the device to one of the Engineering IT helpdesk locations.
- Lab printing is available via the web and will not be directly set up on personal mobile devices.
New Service Requests/ Genera Service Inquiries
Last Revised: November 1, 2016
Questions about this topic? Don't see what you're looking for?
Email engrit-help [at] illinois [dot] edu, call the Help Desk at 217-333-1313, or contact your primary IT support professional.