Engineering IT offers a full suite of website design and development services for units in the College of Engineering. The web team has expertise in digital design, user experience (UX), website application development, and system administration.
Engineering IT provides professional web design and implementation services to the college, department, units, and research groups. This ranges from fully customized websites to templates used on central WordPress network and everything in between.
The Engineering IT web team works with research groups, faculty members, and departments to put together a site that represents each party's respective vision.
In addition to websites, Engineering IT designs email templates, newsletter templates, and other related electronic communication methods.
The primary features of Website Design and Development service are:
- Custom web design and implementation
- responsive design
- user experience design (UX)
- research and analysis
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- project management
- graphic design
- Create event registration (both credit card and free events)
- Create forms and surveys
- Recommend appropriate content management systems (CMS)
- Develop templates
- email announcements
- publish.illinois.edu WordPress websites
- Domain name and registration
Department/units, research groups, and faculty in the College of Engineering.
Requests will receive a response within one business day, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, excluding University holidays.
Design projects will be scheduled based on client needs and available resources to complete the work.
Email: engrit-web [at] illinois [dot] edu
- College and department websites are covered for maintenance up to 100 hours per year. Redesigns are on a two to three year cycle at no additional charge.
- All other web site design and maintenance services are provided at an hourly rate.
- Please see Service fees for our most up-to-date rates. Estimates are provided prior to committing to work with us.
Users of this service agree to the following:
- Clients are expected to promptly review mock-ups and drafts. Delays in response may delay the project.
- A CFOP must be provided before an estimate will be generated.
- Significant changes from the original request will increase the cost due to additional hours required and possibly change the timeline.
- Designed sites must comply with any relevant University iIdentity and accessibility standards.
- If Engineering IT is implementing the design, Engineering IT reserves the right to limit the hosting locations used.
- Engineering IT will only implement designs on campus hosted locations.
- Engineering IT reserves the right to refuse to implement an outside design if it does not meet campus standards or best practices.
New Service Inquiries
engrit-help [at] illinois [dot] edu
Please include the purpose of the web site, a brief description, and a CFOP.
Departmental/Units will be contacted by Engineering IT when a redesign is scheduled.
General Service Inquiries
Web Services Manager
lhayden [at] illinois [dot] edu
For a broader view of research-related IT support offerings from Engineering IT and on campus, please contact our Research Technology Facilitator, Mark Hart (mshart [at] illinois [dot] edu)
For a broader view of instructional-related IT support offerings from Engineering IT and on campus, please contact our Instructional Technology Facilitator, Dave Mussulman (mussulma [at] illinois [dot] edu)
Questions about this topic? Don't see what you're looking for?
Email engrit-help [at] illinois [dot] edu, call the Help Desk at 217-333-1313, or contact your primary IT support professional.